IFixit is well known for its Teardowns of Apple products and Recently launched Surface RT got the Teardown treatment after the launch last week.
Surface RT scored 4/10 repairability score(10/10 being the Easiest)Making it easlier to repair than the iPad 3 which has a repairability score of 2/10.Though That doesn’t make it easy enough to repair it as compared to The android tablets which are rated at 8/10.
Here’s the Summary of iFixit Surface RT Teardown,
- Several components are modular and replaceable without requiring desoldering.
- You can remove the battery pretty easily — once you’ve suffered through the opening procedure.
- It’s pretty difficult to remove the rear panel and gain access to the device.
- It is impossible to remove the keyboard connector without first removing the display from the frame.
- LCD and glass are fused together and strongly adhered to the case, increasing cost of replacement.
- You’ll have to use a heat gun and lots of patience to gain access to the glass and LCD.