It’s Official,Microsoft has kept their promise of releasing their upcoming Windows 8 and Windows RT operating system to Manufacturers as of today.
The software giant already hinted about the first week of august time frame for the Windows 8 RTM and on the very first day of august they have released the upcoming operating system to the manufacturers.Also as rumored earlier the build number is indeed 9200 confirming to the earlier reports.
Apart from the manufacturers there will be some more people like the developers and the TechNet subscribers can get their hands on the Windows 8 RTM as per the following schedule:
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
Along with the release of Windows 8 RTM,Microsoft has also RTM’ed the ARM version of Windows 8 i.e WinRT as reported earlier by TheNextWeb.WinRT platform has been tailor made for the new range of ARM based processors which will power upcoming Windows 8 based tablets.
The Public version of Windows 8 will hit the stores on 26th October.Users can upgrade their existing PC’s with a valid XP/Vista or Windows 7 License for a price of 39.99$ or if you buy an eligible Windows 7 PC as of today you can avail a special upgrade price of 14.99$ to Windows 8 Pro when it releases for public.