It was just a week ago that Microsoft announced the Kinect Accelerator program eying the developers and the startups who are using the Kinect technology to build their own innovative apps.
According to the Kinect Accelerator program top 1o finalists will get benefits like 20,000 USD investment by microsoft along with the Xbox and Windows Development Kits ,all other required resources and office space required will be provided along with the technical training from Microsoft,Winrumors Report.
What are the requirements to be qualified for the Kinect Accelerator program:
- Any Kinect-enabled application on Windows or Xbox that can be a commercial business
- Manufacturing to retail, education to healthcare, art installations to gaming, social to interactive play…hmmm, the possibilities
- Can be cloud-hosted, on any platform, but needs to be an application
- Could be one view of an application that may also have a web UI, mobile UI, etc
- Kinect-controlled applications, like what you have on your phone, but on a big screen or a computer screen
- Content you might expect to consume in your living room or in an operating room
Most importantly your startup/business need to leverage the kinect features and capabilities in your final product and company should be willing to develop interests in technical skills which are needed to build a functional prototype.
To apply for the Kinect Accelerator Program Click Here