It has been long since we posted screenshots of Windows 8 builds. Today a couple of screenshots of Windows 8 Build 8064 has been leaked by the Chinese site PCBeta. The build string of this build is 6.2.8064.0.fbl_eeap.110806-1000 which states that the build was compiled on August 6. Microsoft has renamed WINMAIN branch to FBL_EEAP after Build 7989.Further according to the info, the build belongs to the Milestone 3 Escrow branch. This build is believed to be fully locked and cannot be modified like earlier leaked builds. Microsoft has further stopped providing generic keys. Here is what has been posted on the Chinese site-
IntelDistrib would like to announce the immediate availability of Windows 8 x86 Client Build 8039 for testing at Intel.
There are two changes to the EEAP builds starting with this EEAP that you should be aware of:
- All OS installations using these builds will now require the unique key for the Windows Developer Preview. Installation with previous generic keys will no longer be supported. PRODKEY.TXT files containing generic keys will no longer be included in the build packages. You will have to get the New Product Key provided on the product site. This is a special key as part of the partnership Intel has with Microsoft.
- The name of the EEAP builds in this package contain "FBL_EEAP" instead of "WINMAIN". This change is a name change only, and will not affect your ability to download or use these builds in your testing.
Here are set of changes being found in this build-
- New wallpaper
- Blue BSOD
- Internet Explorer 10 (Developer Preview)
- New Installer
- New boot screen (without Beta Fish)
- Some new Immersive UI applications
- Removed Windows DVD Maker and Media Center
- User Avatar changes
- Few new icons
- Few changes in Control Panel’s applets