We have seen couple of Windows 8 leaks by now and most of you may like to test it.Installing and reinstalling may be a tedious task so today we would like to write a tutorial as how to install Windows 8 on VMware virtual machine which would ease your work.
First of all the minimum system configuration of Windows 8 is similar to Windows 7 so you should atleast have the following configurations-
1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Here are the steps to install Windows 8 on VMWare Virtual machine-
- First of all you need to have Windows 8 build which you have to install on virtual machine.
- Download VMware player from here or from here. After downloading VMWare player just install it.VMWare can be installed on Windows XP,Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Select Create a New Virtual Machine option from the list
- Now choose Installer disk image file (iso) and browse for the Windows 8 image file
- In the next menu select Microsoft Windows as operating system and Windows 7 x64 if you are installing Windows 8 x64 or select Windows 7 if installing 32 bit version.
- In the next menu leave the Windows Product key empty and just enter the name and password (optional).
- Set the name of the Virtual machine and browse the location where you want to install it ( select where you have average 40 GB free when installing Windows 8 x64)
- In the next menu enter the maximum disk-size, prefer to keep it minimum as 40 GB
- In the next menu click on Customize Hardware and modify the memory if installing Windows 8 x64. Keep the memory minimum as 2 GB. You could also change the number of cores depending on your processor.
- Finally click on Finish button and your Windows 8 installation on Virtual machine would start