The guys at Russian website Wzor has posted the details relating to the next version of Windows. According to them Windows 8 would be available in stores in early 2013.Here are some of the points mentioned by the Russian site-
- Microsoft has been working on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service pack 2 since fall of 2010 and is expected to be released in mid 2012.
- Windows 8 might not be the final name of next version of windows,though the Windows server would be definitely called Windows Server 2012 (We would be calling the next version of Windows as Windows 8 until the name is confirmed)
- Microsoft would start working on Windows 8 Milestone 3 from March and Beta version would be available after it. Earlier Microsoft employee leaked the roadmap so going by it we are expecting the first beta in July 2012.
- Microsoft would be releasing 2 beta version of Windows 8,which would be available for testing following which the RC version of Windows 8 would be released.
- Windows 8 would be RTM 3 months after the RC version is released .
According to Wzor, Windows 8 roadmap is M1, M2, M3, Beta 1, Beta 2, RC and RTM and Windows 8 has already released Milestone 2.
If you were looking for leaks,Wzor stated that Windows 8 would be leaked somewhere around the first beta version until and unless someone else leaks it.